Call for Papers
All academics, scholars, specialists who are interested in the research on Yam Kim Fai and/or Cantonese Opera are cordially invited to contribute papers on the following themes:
- Cantonese Opera and theatre traditions
- Cross-dressing in Chinese theatres
- Yam Kim Fai as viewed from different disciplines (Literature, Comparative Drama, History, Philosophy, Study of Bibliography, Aesthetics, Sociology, Psychology)
- Performance Career of Yam Kim Fai
- Performing Art of Yam Kim Fai
- Singing Art of Yam Kim Fai
- Classic and Renowned Opera of Yam Kim Fai
- The Relationship between Yam Kim Fai and Cantonese Opera Movies
- Yam Kim Fai and her co-actors (including hua-dan, wenwusheng, chousheng, wusheng, playwrights, directors, music compilers, musicians, disicples)
- Yam Kim Fai and the Development of female wenwusheng in Cantonese Opera
- Position of Yam Kim Fai in the History of Cantonese Opera
- Edcuation of Cantonese Opera
- Other Research Topics on Cantonese Opera
Abstract Submission Procedure
- Please fill in the Paper Abstract Submission Form (Appendix 2).
- Include a title of the paper, names of all authors, affiliated institutions, and email address or contact information.
- Around 500 words for the Abstract.
- All papers submitted must be original works which have not been presented in any conference or published in any publication before.
- Submit by email attachment to email@example.com. Specify “2013 International Seminar on Cantonese Opera” as the subject heading.
- Deadline of abstract submission: 31 August 2012.
- Notification of acceptance: 15 September 2012 (or within two weeks upon receipt of abstract).
Accepted Paper Submission Procedure
- The papers should not exceed 6,000 words.
- Please follow the Author Guidelines (Appendix 3). For Notes format, please follow Guidelines stated in the Lishiyenjiu (Appendix 4).
- Submit by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “2013 International Seminar on Cantonese Opera” as subject heading.
- Deadline of accepted paper submission: 1 December 2012.
- If presentation PowerPoint is available separately, please also submit by 1 December 2012.
Responsibilities of Authors
- Register for and attend the Seminar.
- Present the paper in about 15 minutes in Cantonese, Putonghua or English.
- Grant permission to the Seminar Organizers for possible audio and video recording, and web broadcast.
- Assign first publication rights to the Seminar Organizers, as all papers will be published in the Seminar Proceedings.
- Provide completed papers in electronic version by the deadline.